Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Little Ties: Brony-wear for the Sophisticate

I make no efforts to hide the fact that I'm a huge fan of the children's TV show My Little Pony. The well written, smart series shows that brilliance and inspiration can be found anywhere. It proves that children's shows aren't all bumbling nonsense, or poorly drawn cartoons with adult humour shoe-horned in. I rarely talk about my MLP obsession due to the fact that many other people cover the subject thoroughly, while I enjoy the show on a much more passive level. However, when my friend Tom sent me a link to this amazing website that sells My Little Pony themed neckties, I had to do something to let the world know about them!

Of course, most people are probably thinking of gaudy christmas ties, or novelty ties with a giant garfield face on them. Neigh! (see what I did there?) These ties are incredibly subtle. I doubt you'd be able to tell what exactly is going on unless you were standing at an uncomfortable distance from the wearer. The repetitive pattern is cute, without being too in-your-face.

These patterned ties would hardly stand out at being childish or novel.
The ties are made of 100% silk, and currently come in 10 different styles. Most importantly, they are incredibly reasonably priced. I have no problem with someone who wants to drop loads of money on a nice tie (my dad has been found guilty of this on many occasions), but a novelty tie really shouldn't break the bank (even if it is a really, really nice not-so-novel novelty tie.). At $25 a piece, these ties fit that range perfectly. If you missed the link above and are interested, you can buy the ties here, at mylittleties.com

The Raritie: an obvious favourite
Bonus: the website even has a section on how to match your shirts to the tie you choose. This advice could be very necessary for the internet lurking "Brony", especially since most fans choose to show their love of the show through awful witty t shirts (ok, so I totally own a pony shirt. But it's only for sick days and sleeping in).

Images via MyLittleTies


No comments:

Post a Comment